THE CESAREAN

  

  
There was a post on Facebook I wanted to share.  It says, "THE CESARA...It's the only large surgery, where 7 layers open, and you're expected to stand up 6 hours later." (credit to: Maternidade descomplicada.) It amazes me DAILY how our bodies are made to do certain things.  Our bodies dilate to the size of a bagel (10 cm) to deliver a baby, but if there are complications, we are still capable of going through major abdominal surgery while being awake.  Then to top off all that, we are expected to care for this newborn child who depends on us for everything, especially if you breastfeed.  

    I have seen people "mom-shame" or hate on moms who have had C-Sections, even if they weren't by choice.  Did I choose a C-Section?  No.  Did I choose what would save the life of my child?  Yes.  My body and his body could not physically go through natural birth.  I was not dilating and he was in distress.  "For this child I prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart." 1 Samuel 1:27.  My C-Section was the scariest thing I've done in my life, and if you know me, you know I don't get scared.  From the moment I found out I was carrying, I prayed for my baby.  I prayed for a safe pregnancy, I prayed for a safe delivery & let me tell you prayers get answered!  

    When I was 19 weeks, I found out Rhett had a cyst on his brain, I have elaborated in other blogs so you should go check those out.  When I found that out we prayed non-stop for healing.  When it was gone, we prayed and thanked Jesus for healing our son.  I prayed for a safe delivery.  I got that, it was just in a different way than I would have picked out for us.  During my actual delivery, I prayed for God to let me keep my son.  He did.  See prayer works.  The answer may be yes, no, or not right now & as humans, we have a hard time hearing "not now." 

    “But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.” Psalm 69:13.  I had never heard this verse before looking it up for this blog, but I love this verse.  "O Lord. At an acceptable time."  Some versions say, "in the time of Your favor." NIV "answer me in your saving faithfulness." It says in His Word, we run on His time. Not ours.  “'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. '” — Jeremiah 29:11.  He has our life planned out in his own time and He had it planned out before we were born. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5.  Having to have a C-Section really opened my faith, because even though it was not the way I imagined, I prayed for a safe delivery and that's what I got...all thanks to THE CESAREAN. 

Comments

Popular Posts