OUR BABY BOY

 

Hey, y'all! I have been so busy, I haven't made any new posts recently, but I have so much to say so prepare for a bunch of new posts! This one is going to be the birth of our son. It is a true testament of Christ's love for us and how prayers do get answered!

This is our last picture as a family of 2. On March 7, 2021, we headed to the hospital to bring our little boy into the world. We spent all day deep cleaning our house, all while packing boxes to move into a different house. We wanted everything perfect for our son's arrival. You can't see the bump in this picture, but trust me I was huge! We headed to my parents to spend the day before we went to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital around 10:30 & got checked in & roomed around 11:00. They started the 1st dose of Pitocin around 11:00 or 11:30, which started the induction process. It was hard to sleep with the contractions being so intense. I got my 2nd dose of Pitocin & a few hours later around 8:00 the doctor came in and broke my water. I was 90% effaced at my 40-week check-up, I was just not dilating on my own. She broke my water at 8:00 and that's when my whole birth plan went out the window. I fell asleep after my epidural & I was on so many meds I don't remember much, but I do remember nurses and my doctor rushing in around 8:30 saying my blood pressure was dropping and my baby's heart rate was in the 80s. (A baby's heartrate is supposed to be around the 150-160 bpm range.) They turned me on my side & then back on my back & then on my other side & then on all 4s trying to find his heart rate and they couldn't. My doctor looked at me and said my baby had to come now or we wouldn't take him home.

They rushed me into an OR, alone I might add. They were so worried about me and Rhett they were not in a rush to get Kaleb a gown. They rushed me into an OR, and I was immediately being talked to by the anesthesiologist. I remember them running around & finally transferring me from the L&D bed to the table. They immediately gave me a nasal cannula for O2, and I finally felt her cut. Not like pain in the cut, but the pressure. They started to deliver my baby and my husband was not in there. I vividly remember praying to God not to take my baby. What would I tell Kaleb? What would I tell Rhett's grandparents? Was this my fault? Could I have prevented this from happening? I told the nearest nurse I could find she better go find my husband and finally I saw him. He grabbed my hand and before he could sit down I heard my sweet baby cry. When I heard him cry, I thanked Jesus over and over again for letting me keep my son.
I remember crying as soon as Kaleb got his hands on the baby. Our perfect boy was here. The best 1/2 of me & the best 1/2 of Kaleb all wrapped up into a 7lb 8.2oz 19 3/4 in long bundle. He was perfect. We found out the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and every contraction, which was happening around every 2 minutes were tightening that cord around his neck and choking him. Here we are 7 months later and I still think of that nurse. If she had been in another patient's room, or if she wouldn't have been doing her job and not paying attention, she would not have caught my baby in distress on the monitor. Every day my little boy is alive is a blessing & I know he was put on this Earth for great things. He will be raised as a servant of God and we know without a shadow of a doubt he is only here because of our Lord, and we give him blessings and honor daily for giving us the opportunity to raise our son!
xoxo Kennedy!

Comments

Popular Posts