FOUR DAYS LATE
"But You're four days late and all hope is gone
Lord, we don't understand why You've waited so long
But His way is God's way, not yours or mine
And isn't it great, when He's four days late
He's still on time"
This verse has always been my favorite. I'm not sure why. There are 31,102 verses in the Bible & that is the one that always stuck out to me. I'm gonna be honest, I've never read the back story as to who "him" was Jesus was talking too until I started writing this. So John chapter 13 is talking about Jesus washing His Disciple's feet. It is talking about how Jesus knew it was almost time for him to take up His cross. Verse 6 says,
"He came to Simon Peter, who asked him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"" and
Verse 8 says,
""You will never wash my feet," Peter said.""
(A little fun fact, the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead is the story right before that verse. It is John 11 if you wanna go read it.) Mary stays at the house, while Martha goes to meet Jesus when she hears He is coming. Martha tells Him if He would been here four days ago, her brother would not had died, but in the midst of her confusion as to why Jesus didn't come sooner, in verse 22, Martha says,
"Yet even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."
Of course, she was frustrated that Jesus didn't come to heal Lazarus when he was alive, I mean that was her brother and even though Mary, Martha, and Lazarus were friends of Jesus, they were still human, Martha didn't curse Jesus or she didn't walk away from Him, she simply said whatever you ask from God, God will give you.
Jesus tells Martha that her brother will rise again and Martha is like I know Jesus. When time comes to an end and the resurrection at the last day he is gonna rise again and Jesus is like, that is me. I am the resurretion and the life. Then...then, after her brother just died & Jesus is finally here, He asks her, "Do you believe this?" When they go to the tomb where Lazarus lays, Martha then tells Jesus that there is a stench because he has been dead for four days & again Jesus says, "Didn't I tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" (John 11: 40.) Everything Jesus did was for the glory of God. To me, if God does something that amazes you, if He opens your eyes to something share it!! I will be sharing my son's testimony at church & I really hope it touches somebody and reminds them we are on God's timing & not ours.
Jesus was not four days late after Lazarus died. He was right on time.

Comments
Post a Comment