CORN CHIP SALAD RECIPE
Corn chip salad is one of my family's favorite holiday side dishes! I am going ahead and making this blog so people can use the recipe for Thanksgiving this Thursday, that's why there are no pictures! I'm sorry! My recipe is a little different than some people's so feel free to tweak the recipe as you and your family see fit!
Ingredients
2-15 oz DRAINED can corn
1 purple onion
1 bunch (bulk, head, whatever the name is for a bundle) green onions
Mayo (I'm from the south so we don't use measuring cups. It's about a cup, but put enough to combine the ingredients)
Shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend, but some recipes are cheddar. Use what is your favorite)
1 bag of chili cheese Fritos
Step 1: In a large bowl, add your drained corn, purple onion (I don't use a whole onion. I use just enough to see little pieces of purple), green onion ( I use about 3 or 4 individual stems of green onion. This is just for taste) and mix
Step 2: Add the mayo into the corn and onion mixture. I do this separately just to see if I need to add more mayo or more onions
Step 3: Add your cheese! I think the more the merrier (haha) so I add the whole 2 cup bag. Sorry not sorry
Step 4: About 5 minutes before serving, add your fritos. You don't want to add the fritos while making the salad because they will be soggy! I always put this dish at the end of the food line and when the first person fixes their plate, this is when I add the fritos!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I love making it, and my family loves eating it!! Happy Thanksgiving XOXO Kennedy

Comments
Post a Comment