BEING PREGNANT DURING A PANDEMIC

One of the biggest things that concerned me, as a mother and as a wife, was how would my pregnancy go during a pandemic, and let me tell you, it hasn't been the easiest thing! We found out we were pregnant at the end of June, COVID hit Louisiana hard in March.


We were supposed to have our first appointment in August (I would have been right at 8 weeks) and at the end of July, my husband and I both got COVID. Since we had to quarantine for 14 days, our first appointment got pushed. We had our first appointment on August 14, 2020, at 11 weeks, and I got to see our little bean for the first time. I got to hear his strong fast heartbeat and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Due to COVID, my husband was not allowed to be in the room :(

    That was the first moment it set into me how hard this pregnancy was gonna be because I got to experience the joy of watching our son move and wave and hear his heartbeat, and my husband couldn't.

At 15 weeks we did the early gender test. I knew I wanted Kaleb there when we found out if we were going to have a son or daughter, so set up an appointment at a private ultrasound clinic. Not only did Kaleb get to be there for the reveal, my parents, Kaleb's parents, and my grandmother also got to be there to experience that amazing moment with us! SURPRISE! HE'S A BOY!! We were so excited to see he was a boy! Although we were going to be thankful for whatever gift God gave us, we really wanted a boy!!        At our 19 week appointment, we found out our son had a unilateral choroid plexus cyst on his brain, which is where your cerebral spinal fluid forms. Since this was our "scheduled gender scan" at our OB, Kaleb was allowed in the room. We were sent to a high-risk doctor to monitor his cyst and at our 22-week appointment, THE CYST WAS GONE!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I was super thankful that our high-risk doctor pushed to have Kaleb in the room. I could not imagine not having my husband in the room when we found out that news about our son!

LOOK AT HIS PERFECT LITTLE FACE 😍 😍 our HEALTHY little boy!

Due to COVID cases rising in Louisiana, we were put back into Phase 2. I'm not sure what that holds for the rest of our pregnancy but were hoping and praying Kaleb gets to experience the last trimester of this pregnancy to the fullest! We will be 27 weeks on Wednesday and Friday is our glucose test. We are touring the L&D floor and hopefully getting preregistered for our delivery!

Being pregnant in the middle of COVID has been CRAZY, but I wouldn't trade our miracle for the world! I have done a lot of advocating to try and get Kaleb to experience the most of this pregnancy! For any other mamas-to-be pregnant during COVID, stay safe, but also stand up for what you believe in! The father's role during the pregnancy is important and it is something that they will never get back! XOXO Kennedy





Comments

Popular Posts